Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated batch publishing to content center

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
821 Views, 7 Replies

Automated batch publishing to content center

Searching through this forum I have not found (or I'm not looking in the wright palces) an answer to the question:

How do I realy batch publish part to the content center, not the standard way of clicking lots of time for each part to add, but selecting a whole folder and add all of the parts at once.

I have a few folders that contain over 400 parts and I want them all in my content center.

Is there a way of doing this fast? Does anyone have vb code or something to do this automaticly all at once? Or is there an other way?

I do not use Vault

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

I dont know any automatic process...

Have you think about just turn this folder as a project "Library"?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

The problem is that when I save my assembly Inventor always asks to save all the files in the assembly.

If I accidentally (out of habit) click "yes to all" then the files in the library are saved (in the library) as well, and this should not be done.

In case of the part files being in the content center this is no issue.

Message 4 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!

No... if you edit the project and reference this folder as a library, the parts inside will have similar behavior as content center.

Clipboard01.png

The parts are "read-only" status so you can't modify them... no modofication... no savings!!

This is the warning when you try to edit a "Library part":

Clipboard02.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Strange, my parts in the library are not read-only. If I try to save the assembly with the library parts I get no message and have no problem saving the library parts. If I go to the library folder the files have indeed been overwritten.

Is there some way to change the library files from read-write to read-only?

Message 6 of 8
CCarreiras

HI!

Are you sure that project is configured t map you folder as a library?

If yes, are you sure that you are working with the proper active project?

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
mdavis22569

Looking at Task Scheduler ...but not 100% sure if you could make a "Custom Task" to do it..

If that's not possible, I'm sure there is a way to do it in Ilogic.... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

When working on an other computer the problem is gone, so the solution of using the folder as a library is a good solution.

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report