Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk - You really need to clean up your interface!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Chris1969
823 Views, 8 Replies

Autodesk - You really need to clean up your interface!

Two years ago (I think), you introduced an new interface - you know the extra small input boxes floating next to the large input boxes.

Often the two input boxes are next to each other, somtimes the two inputboxes float on the top of each other, other times the small input box float on top of the feature I need to see. Other times some of the digits I type into one input box ends up in the other input box.

And the strange thing is that the two input boxes adjusts exactly the same parameters. And even more strange, why has it been like this for two years, its looks and feel like beta software!

Ok, The new little box looks cool, but I always use the old due to its good overview of parameters.

But I think you guys at Autodesk needs to make a decision,instead of cluttering the interface with dual toolboxes.

Imagine Steve Jobs reviewing this dual menu... It would never had  made it over the doorstep of the meeting room.

Just my few cents..

Brgds,

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
karthur1
in reply to: Chris1969

I think they will eventually do away with the big one.  They are just gradually weening everyone off it.

Just my $0.02...

Message 3 of 9

I agree with you. 
I never use the small box due lack of information. 

The big box is easier to oversee.

//

"Imagine Steve Jobs reviewing this dual menu... It would never had  made it over the doorstep of the meeting room."

Hahahah, hahaha. hahaha hahahahahaha

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

They should just give you the option to turn them on or off and let you choose. Although i find my self using both depending on what im doing.

If steve jobs worked at autodesk you wouldnt be able to touch your interface at all in terms of customization... just look at all the apple products.

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 5 of 9
mrattray
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

I hate the mini-toolbars! I like the ribbon, I love the marking menu, but to hell with those retarted mini toolbars. They just plain suck.

If AutoDesk was run like apple you wouldn't be able to import or export in any format that's not owned by AutoDesk.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 9
Chris1969
in reply to: mrattray

If Autodesk was run by Apple, you probably also were not allowed to make rectangles with rounded edges due to patenting:-)

Message 7 of 9
stevec781

I much prefer the larger ones, I can see more and less clicks required (I hate having to open drop downs to make a selection)

Message 8 of 9
WHolzwarth

Same opinion here.

I wanna see my choices at one single glance. If I'm cyling through all those tiny options one after another, I've forgotten the first one, after ending.

Smiley Sad Dementia is coming closer ..

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
RobJV

Agree.  Keep the larger boxes or let us turn either one off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report