Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Material Library lost...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kakaboo
2959 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Material Library lost...

Suddenly Inventor lost ability to access material library when tryin' to apply materials for realistic view. Basic library is still accessible, but advanced appearance fails with message: "!" Autodesk Material Library is not available. I swear it was available not long time ago...

How to guide Inventor again back on track? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrecok
in reply to: kakaboo

had the same problem (with lost pictures/textures 'not available' in style editor); found solution at: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Autodesk-Material-Library-is-not-available/td-p/3002...

"Figured it out, in the options under hardware switch from compatibilty to performance and the realistic and bump maps reappear, wierd, oh well it's fixed"

for me this worked.

andreas

Message 3 of 4
kakaboo

Even more weird, in my case: having absolutely no clue I didn't do anything and the access to material library was miraculously restored later, without any warnings or reasons whatsoever. I can only guess that one of peripheral rendering applications (i.e. Showcase) - supplied in Autodesk Inventor Suite package - is messing with links.

Matthew.

Message 4 of 4
valerie

I think you're on to something about Showcase being involved.  My materials library became unavailable in IV just after I'd been using Showcase.  I hope mine mysteriously returns also. Cat Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report