Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012 - Not Functioning

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
750 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012 - Not Functioning

Hi ,

I have windows vista installed as OS - 64 bit

Can start professional 2012 and open the GUI , but not able to work further anymore.

Once GUI got open , if I attempt to do something on GUI , say for eg - just move mouse cursor ,

immediately the whole system hangs up.

It just leaves the option to shut down by pressing the shut down button and nothing else

I can very well operate other Autodesk products like - Moldflow / CAD Doctor etc...

Can request input , if anyone have experience the same behavior as above

Awaiting reply

Best Regards

vs

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi ,

I would like to add that , i could able to open a new part file (*.ipt) using standard(mm) template and then it hagns up everything

vs

Message 3 of 10
karthur1

Open the part file again.  Now go to tools>Application options, Hardware Tab.  Click on the "Diagnostics" button and then paste that information here.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: karthur1

Hi ,

Since I could not save the same ipt file , it won't be possible to open the same

I have open new .ipt file , please find attached dell.txt as requested , after click on "Diagnostic"

It still happens the same things , the whole system hangs up

!!!!!!!!  Amazing thing is , Alias is working  !!!!!!

Best Regards

vs

Message 5 of 10
karthur1

I was trying to get you to use software rendering just to rule out the video card. Start a new part, go to tools>Application options>Hardware tab, check "Software Graphics". Click OK to close dialog, close part (no need to save), close Inventor.

Start Inventor again. Start a new part.  Go to Tools>App Options, Hardware Tab.  Now click Diagnostics and paste that information here like you did before.

Can you work now?  It may be slow, but at least it shouldnt hang like your original post.

As far as I can tell the ATI card is not supported.... that might be your problem.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Hi

yesterday I did the same , I checked the box for - "software graphics" , it works

But when I came out of the "Inventor" , again on the "Inventor" - The checked box for "Software Graphics" was unchecked

Now it remains checked , please find attacehd "software_graphics_checked.txt" as requested

I laso have increase the page file size , it shows me little improvement w/o check box for - "software graphics" , but finally it was making the whole system stand still / hang up. It works better with checked box for - software graphics

Thanking You

Best Regards

vs

Message 7 of 10
karthur1

I would say its your graphics card.  Look here for a list of approved cards/drivers.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hi ,

I have also search for other discussion post , please find below

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/IV-2012-Graphics-Settings/td-p/3008242

My graphics card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 with memory 512 MB, any idea which will be compatible from the suggested by Autodesk , I can see under AMD make , there are many

vs

Message 9 of 10
karthur1

Not sure if it will help you or not, but I noticed that you do not have SP1 installed for your Inventor.

Message 10 of 10
mcgyvr

update your graphics card driver to the latest version and then uncheck software graphics and go back to quality or whatever

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report