Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Inventor 2010 fresh install stuck at first command

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
518 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad Inventor 2010 fresh install stuck at first command

Hi there!,

on a freshly re-installed machine with Vista 64bit and 8 GB of RAM my colleauge has set up Inventor 2010 and all the service packs.

The problem I'm facing now is that as soon as the program pops up, it gets stuck for almost 1 minute after the very first command (i.e. clicking on the "open" icon or on the tools--> options command).

After this delay the programs seems ok and goes on without clear slowdowns.

Have any advice?

Thanks a lot

Shock99er

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How full is your hard drive? What is the speed of the drive?

Has it been defragmented latey?  Inventor does take a while to load the first time. There are many reasons..

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The OS and apps have been installed in a brand new SSD disk. At the moment there are still 13 GB of free space.

Anyway I defragmented the other one (which is still in place, contains the old partition and is used just for archiving).

Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem. Another colleague with the same HW config is not having any issue with Inventor.

I'm thinking that something went wrong during the installation. Is there any log file to look into?

Thanks for any advice!

Shocker

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

FYI We finally managed to fix it.

It was an old .ipj shortcut in the local user project folder that was pointing towards a server no more active.

As soon as we deleted that shortcut file Inventor returned to behave normally after startup.

Rgds

Shock99er

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report