Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Attach Detail Windows

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rcmike
328 Views, 4 Replies

Auto Attach Detail Windows

Is there a way to Auto Attach a window when you create the detail view. I don't want to keep creating the view then have to turn around and attach it. That seams like way more steps than it should be.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.anderson
in reply to: rcmike

Are you referring to the option to change the Cutout Shape from Jagged to Smooth and use the Display Full Boundary Detail? This is the only thing I could think of that meets what I think you're attempting to do.

I believe you are asking if there's an option to set this as the default behavior. Please let me know if I misunderstood.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
rcmike
in reply to: dave.anderson

No I am not. I am talking about when you create a detail view it is either a circle or a rectangle. Then if I make a change to the size of the drawing the view does not stay in place unless I attach it. Is there a way to auto attach the views so when I change the model in size the view moves with the changes.

Message 4 of 5
dave.anderson

Ah, I see now. You're spot on. Here's a link to the Product Feedback site where you can make this enhancement request: 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I think having the option for a check box to Attach in the Detail View dialog box would be a great addition!!

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
salariua

We shouldn't ask for it, it should have been available in the first place.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report