Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Sections in 2013

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
taylorpg
2926 Views, 10 Replies

Australian Sections in 2013

I loaded Inventor 2013 but the AS steel sections are not available in Frame Generator, how do I load them.

A step by step would be nice, thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
taylorpg
in reply to: taylorpg

Guys!!

Message 3 of 11
DVDM

From memory they're in the CC library 'Inventor OTHER', so if you ticked that option when you installed it, and you made sure you have that library available through the Project file, you should have access to it.

This was for 2010, not tested in 2013.

Message 4 of 11
henderh

Hi taylorpg,

It works for me in R2013.  You may have to add AS standard via a filter for a group.  Images attached.

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 5 of 11
lwyles

I'm trying 'tick the AU box, but its grayed out. What should I do to Un-Gray it? ta.

Message 6 of 11
henderh

Did you install the "other" content library as DVDM mentioned?

Notice that in the 1st image attached, I also have some standards that are gray'ed out.  If I remember correctly, the only content I chose to install were ISO and Other.

HTH, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 7 of 11
-Aaron-

I'm going to echo DVDM's response on making sure it's checked through your PROJECTS.  If it was installed initially, then checking here would be the first step...

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro
Message 8 of 11
feame

I have the Australian Standard steel and fasteners missing from my 2013 install too.

Again, in the filters option it is greyed out.

I've installed/imported the standards twice now, taking nearly 1/2 hour each time but when you go to where the files are installed to in explorer, only 5 of the 11 actually appear installed. There is no OTHER content there (where the AS stuff is).

Refreshing content, reinstalling, changing / resetting project files, has no effect.

Though it imports the library to somewhere on the computer: its not in a place I can see.

I even did a search for all files in the autodesk instal directory according to size: No other content even though inventors installation thinks it there.

Message 9 of 11
feame
in reply to: feame

I've tried re-installing the OTHER content again this morning. First time the installation crashed and shut the computer down. The second time took 1/2 an hour to install (just that content only), but still, it is not available in the content centre, nor is it visable in explorer.

23-05-2012 10-54-17 AM.jpg

23-05-2012 10-57-47 AM.jpg

23-05-2012 11-11-25 AM.jpg

Message 10 of 11
taylorpg

>>Did you install the "other" content library as DVDM mentioned?

I need to know how to do this, ie how do you install just a library.

When I put the stick in and started Setup I was unsure what to choose so I chose Install then filled in the product keys etc the next screen had all the products ticked as installed I then checked the content centre and everything there was ticked, I then clicked back and it started yelling at me that the folder was not empty do I bailed out because I didnt know what was happening or if I was on the right track. There used to be a custom installation button in past incarnations.

Message 11 of 11
feame

Just ignore that warning, I did the same a couple of hours ago and it worked this time.

I don't have material colours anymore for some reason, but I got content centre so I'm happy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report