Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associate leader text with sheet number

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jamjumpin
594 Views, 4 Replies

Associate leader text with sheet number

Is it possible to associate leader text with a particular page number. 

For instance, I want to write, "see page 6" 

But if I add a page before 6 then I have to remember to update the note. 

Is there a way to live link this in the leader?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
swhite
in reply to: jamjumpin

I don't believe so, I could show you how to make a custom one that would show the current page number its on, but there isnt a way to link it to a specific page that I am aware of.

Maybe post it in the idea section. I could see instances where that would come in very handy.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
jamjumpin
in reply to: swhite

I was going to write some ilogic code. But I didn't know how to get it to check if the page number had changed. 

The other problem is how to check if the order of pages has changed. 

I was thinking of using the active sheet command, but you have to use the page number with it, not just the name, so this was useless. 

I've posted it in the idea station too. 

Message 4 of 5
jletcher

Not sure if it will work but when a section is placed on another sheet it knows the sheet number it is on. Look in the API you should be able to find that code and use it to track sheet number  the view is on then report it back to your text. So when sheet is re-arranged the view call will change and your text would update.

API code will work with ilogic.

Message 5 of 5
jtylerbc

I'm pretty sure there is currently no way to do that.  As others have said, it would be possible to get the sheet that the note is on, but not to tie the note to a particular sheet number.

I would love to see something like that added though - somewhat like the "Cross References" in Word.  Would be nice if it worked for more than just sheet numbers as well, such as Item Numbers from a parts list (so you could embed auto-updating Item numbers in notes).

Just an odd thought that might be a round-about way to do it:  would it be possible to make a symbol with a particular name (Ex. PAGE REF), then place it on the target drawing sheet outside the drawing border?  Then you might be able to have some macro or iLogic code find what sheet PAGE REF is on?  The result could be written out to a custom iProperty so you could access it in your note.

If you had multiples, you could number the symbols, ex. PAGE REF 1, PAGE REF 2, etc., each of which would have its own corresponding iProperty.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report