Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly section view not sectioning FG parts

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
stevec781
4344 Views, 6 Replies

Assembly section view not sectioning FG parts

When I make a half section view in an assembly the frame generator members do not section, they remain full length.  Is this normal or something with my setup?

2012 SP2.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

if you are talking about sectioning in actual assembly goto - Application options - Assembly and make sure "Section all parts" checked.

Message 3 of 7

Thanks, strange its not set to on as default

Message 4 of 7

Just to add an extra solution to this issue - if you are still having issues with FG parts showing, even after you select "Section all parts" in Application

Options, ensure you select 'Always' in the Section View's Display Options Tab:

I had mine set at 'Obey browser Settings', but changing it to 'Always' had my FG parts sectioning correctly.

FG parts Section Issue.jpg

Message 5 of 7
johnkeane440
in reply to: forbillian

My FG parts are still not cutting automatically. Ive tried all the above and nothing is working. Its absolutely infuriating.

Message 6 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: johnkeane440

Hi! Do you mind sharing an example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
johnkeane440
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Heres an example of the issue with all above suggestions in place. It seems to only happen my own custom frame generated parts. The issue must lie there I assume.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report