Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly as Reference AND as Normal?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jeanchile
574 Views, 2 Replies

Assembly as Reference AND as Normal?

Hello all,

I have recently completed a design that is a retro-fit to an existing piece of equipment. I have modeled the existing piece of equipment off of pictures I was sent (the site is 450 miles away). The intent was to model the existing assembly approximating the actual dimensions by scaling the pictures I was sent, then send a drawing down to the site showing what critical field dimensions their surveyor needed to send me.

One important thing that I forgot was that parts that are set to reference show up as a grayscale line when the views are placed on a drawing. It is difficult for me to make a drawing of this item to send the surveyor because it's not legible given the linetype and grayscale entities.

Is there a quick way to produce a drawing of this assembly without having to go through every part and set it back to normal? From a search I just did on the forum I don't like my chances but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Inventor Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: jeanchile

1. Create a new Assembly file.

2. Insert your existing assembly

3. Right click on the existing assembly within the Browser and set to Reference.

4-9-2011-NG000094.png

4-9-2011-NG000095.png

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 3
jeanchile
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Thank you Dennis. That worked like a charm. I didn't realize the browser setting could work independently of the document settings.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report