Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artifacts in Renders

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eucci
743 Views, 4 Replies

Artifacts in Renders

I've had this problem for several yrs on different workstations. When I go to render a scene in inventor studio I get "planar" shapes that blot out portions of the view. Usually they cover the obkects in the scene and are the color of the current background. Usually, throught trial and error, I am able to make slight adjustments to the camera view or ground plane until they go away and I can get a decent render. This time, However, I have to get a particular view from a particular camera location so my options to shift the view are limited. This time, mo matter what I try with different render settings, adjusting the camera location, changing the ground plane, I cannot get thise artifact to disappear. I will give my machine specs. However, this problem has occured on at least 4 different workstations over several years. Now, unfortunately, my usual workaround just isn't working.

Win 7 pro 64

core i7 4.0 Ghz

32 GB ram

nvidia quadro k4000

nvidia quadro 4000

inventor 2014

vault workgroup 2014

I'm attaching an image of the view in studio and a second image that shows the output with planer artifact

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pcrawley
in reply to: eucci

I've seen this too.  It's something to do with curved surfaces becoming "untrimmed".  Those high walls for example are large curved surfaces with holes cut through them - untrimming would mean the holes no longer punched through.  In your case, I think it's something else in the scene.  Possibly the thing hanging from the roof (can't see what it is as the image is too coarse).

You could try re-rendering several times, but each time showing different pieces of the model.  Then composite all the images on top of eachother (use Sketchbook - it's brilliant for that sort of thing (or Photoshop if you have it, or Gimp 'coz it's free!)

If you put the model into Showcase, you will probably get a similar result, but you'll be able to spin the model round and see what's causing the issue.  Sometimes refining the mesh size in Showcase fixes the problem.

Final suggestion - take it into 3ds max.  At least there you have the geometry-editing tools to fix the problem (if it still exists) and create far more lifelike renderings.

Peter
Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: eucci

Hi! The behavior does not seem right to me. Could you try with different Hardware options (Tools -> Application Options -> Hardware -> check Software Graphics or use Compatibility mode)? If it does not help, could you narrow down the curvy wall and post the files here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to take a look at the case.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
eucci
in reply to: pcrawley

pcrawley,

Thanks for the input. I did get it to go away eventually by zooming in a bit and shifting to the camera to the right. I'll try your other suggestions when I get a chance.

Message 5 of 5
eucci
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Johnson,

I'll shoot you a dropbox link with the files. 

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report