Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appearance Tiling

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ADNpati
3527 Views, 5 Replies

Appearance Tiling

Hello Dear friends,

When we are doing site layouts in our daily design process we apply site materails from Autodesk material library.

When the perticular appearance is applied, (In this case  I am applying Sitework Grass-Bermuda to a part) the appearance is getting tiled and we can clearly see the squares. 

Is there any way to overcome the dark edges from each tile to see a smooth and plain appearance insted of saquares??

Nay help is much appriciated and looking forword to fix this isue.

Regards

AD

120.JPG

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mpatchus
in reply to: ADNpati

There are a number of decent "seamless" tiling program out there.  Google SEAMLESS GRAPHICS.

I've had some great success with seamless wood patterns using Sprial Graphics' Wood Workshop.

www.spiralgraphics.biz

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 6
ADNpati
in reply to: mpatchus

Hello Mike,

Do we need to use an external application (like  Sprial Graphics) to apply appearence and to get a good finish view for these kind of appearences??

Can you please explain a little bit of these applications.

Many Thanks in Advance

P.S Dont we have any fix in Inventor 2013 for hese kind of Issues??

Mechanical Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 6
ADNpati

Hey Mike,

I have ssen your post regarding this issue in this Thread, can you please give some details, I mentiond in above comment please.

AD 

Mechanical Engineer

Message 5 of 6
mpatchus
in reply to: ADNpati

Use the graphics program of your choice to create a seamless image of the "texture" you need.

Save this graphic to your textures folder (typically C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Textures\Surfaces).

Use the Styles Manager to create a new color style (i.e. GRASS), and apply the graphic to that color style.

I'd recommend that you then create a material (i.e. GRASS) and apply that color style to the material.

Attached is a seamless grass image you can play around with.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 6 of 6
ADNpati

Hello Mike...

Grass Looks Fantastic... really naturall and I tried that in Inventor nd came perfect.

I downloaded Texture Maker, and trying with some more or texture graphic, some are coing good and some are OK..

Can you give me a few tips (tools in texture maker) that are good to create seam less textures?? I am saving as JPG file is that a good way or do we need to save as bmp file?? 

Some tips mite... 

Many thanks and Many more thanks in Advance...

Cheers

AD

Mechanical Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report