Inventor General

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 1 (976 Views)

Anyone ever used UG NX7.5?

976 Views, 0 Replies
03-19-2012 09:34 AM

Sadly, I no longer use Inventor as I have now switched jobs & I'm currently using Unigraphics NX7.5

However, you would have thought that a high end CAD package like NX could do simple things - but you would be wrong!

I've been using Autodesk Inventor since release 4. Even that release had more features than NX.

My major issue with it is the drafting side- its feels so outdated & its extremely unintuitive.

EG.

NX cannot change a part units from mm to inch & visaversa

NX cannot (easily) auto-dimension (actually show a thread size) a threaded hole on the drawing even though it generates it on the model.

Show a centre of gravity.

Dispay section/cut view (in the 3D model) across more than one plane.

Cannot display different text heights or fonts in a single line of text.

Doesnt show what constraints are applied to a certain part, only lists all of them at the top of the model tree

Of course there are quite a few things that it does very well.

I miss Inventor!  :smileysad:

I hope that one day I will use it again. Even Solidworks is better!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube