Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to search by "Design State"?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sm40oztofreedom
468 Views, 1 Reply

Any way to search by "Design State"?

So at my company we have thousands of drawigs.  Whenever we are working on one or finish one we go to iproperties>status>design state and select either work in progress, pending, or released.  Basically pending means its done but has not been checked by a superior.  The problem is we have about 1000 drawings pending.  We use the vault to access all our drawings and it seems the only field you can't add to the custimized bar is "Design State".  Literaly every other option is there but this.  I want to be able to organize or search for drawings that are just pending or works in progress or released.  Going through 8000 drawings to find each one is very hard.  Any way to do this?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: sm40oztofreedom

I would have posted this in the Vault forums,.. .but since it is here....

You can create a custom property in Vault and map it to Design State in the iproperties, and then add that to your custom view.  Or you can actually set the Design State in Vault, and sort based on that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums