Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animating Fluid Flow In Autodesk Inventor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1875 Views, 7 Replies

Animating Fluid Flow In Autodesk Inventor

I made an animation of a small prototype engine I am designing (attached as video 3) and I would like to be able to show fluid flowing in from the injector and into the cylinder, through the dumbell valve and out the bottom, I am wondering if anyone can help with this or has any tips, because as of right now I'm stumped, autidesk inventor does not seem to have this capability and its looking like my only option is to learn 3ds max and rebuild my animation in that. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Check the Labs- there's a simple Windtunnel-type plugin available for free beta-testing right now. Project Falcon, I think they called it.

Message 4 of 8
scott.sheppard

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/falcon

This can be used stand-alone or as a plug-in to simulate air flow.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
pcrawley
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Wow!  I've not seen an animated BMP file before.  Animated GIF sure, but not bmp.  I'm impressed!

The Project Falcon is awesome, but it doesn't work for animated assemblies.  It's flow analysis around/through a static object.

3ds max would be great for this, especially if you want it to look semi-realistic.  The Particle Flow tool would be the one to use, although I suspect learning max might be a small barrier if you don't already use it.  http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/garyd/over_100_free_particle_flow_presets

Peter
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pcrawley

I have max and I am giving it a shot, but yes it is much harder than autodesk, I will upload the part files but from the responses I've gotten it sounds like what I want to do just can't be done in autodesk inventor

Message 7 of 8
scott.sheppard

You may wish to look at Autodesk Simulation packages.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-simulation-family/buy

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Here is a zip file of the engine assembly and its components, I'm hoping to show gas flow starting at the injector, into the cylinder, through the dumbell valve on the piston and out the bottom of the cylinder, if there is any way to do it in autodesk I'm willing to try as I just don't have a good enough grasp of 3dsMax yet. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report