Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Packages not recognising Spline

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Sean.cooke
312 Views, 3 Replies

Alternative Packages not recognising Spline

Hello,

I am drawing an airfoil profile in Inventor for use in a CFD package. I have a system of points which I am plotting and connecting via the spline function and extruding them to form my blade profile. However, when I open the drawing in the CFD programme, it is recognising the spline as a series of straight lines instead of one continuous enclosed shape. The CFD programme I am using require a negative (i.e a solid drawing of where fluid is flowing). I have attached the inventor file I have created. I have a feeling there is probably a very easy fix to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sean

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wilkhui
in reply to: Sean.cooke

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. If you zoom in on Sketch1 you will see that you are in fact creating a series of straight lines from the beginning (see screen capture below).

I also noticed that your sketches are unconstrained; are you new to Inventor? If so, you may find JD Mather's SkillsUSA document of use:

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

Please feel free to follow up with anything else - hope this helps.

Indy

Naca0015-backup_Sketch1.PNG

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Sean.cooke
in reply to: wilkhui

Thank you Wilkhui,

I managed to fix the problem this afternoon. I redrew my airfoil blade in inventor and there was no problem with my CFD package recognising it correctly. Im not new to inventor but I am quite rusty, it has been about 3 years since I have used it last.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at my problem,

Best Regards,

Sean

Message 4 of 4
wilkhui
in reply to: Sean.cooke

Hi Sean,

No problem at all - glad to hear that you've got it to work for you Smiley Happy

Please don't hesitate to get in touch should there be anything in future and happy CFD'ing!

Best wishes,

Indy

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report