Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning parts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lemaycj
760 Views, 4 Replies

Aligning parts

Here's another one which I am sure is an easy task for most but has me frustrated....

I have added 4 gussets to my assembly of two parts.  All I am trying to do is to align the gussets 90 degrees apart from each other and starting at 45 degrees on each side of the tapped hole.  I have one almost positioned except it can still move along the surface.  How should I tackle this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cean_au
in reply to: lemaycj

when u finish the first, array out the rest.

and if you creat one part insetad of an assembly, the gusset can be rib feature, much eash to creat.

Message 3 of 5
lemaycj
in reply to: cean_au

The problem with this issue is not how to do the next 3 but how to secure the one where it needs to go and/or is there a better way than the way I was placing that gusset to be more efficient at it.

Message 4 of 5
Jonka45

You are virtually there, Use a mate constraint from the plane you created to the plane through the center of the gusset then pattern the gusset to get 4 instances at 90 degrees.

Inventor 2022 Proffesional
Alienware Aurora R8
Windows 10 pro
Inside Leg 35 inch
Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Mate the workplane to the central axis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report