Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Suggestion for AutoDesk

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CelticDesignServices
184 Views, 1 Reply

Alert Suggestion for AutoDesk

Is it possible to make a simple change to the following dialogue pop-up?

VLTNewer.PNG

I think the importance of this pop-up warrents it to be a "Warning" as opposed to a "Question".

More often than not I have users who are 'click happy" and don't bother to pay much attention to the Question boxes that come up because they typically see the "Update Properties" question for every file they open. Of course they blame Vault/Inventor for "deleting" their work and that's typically followed by them going to the boss claiming Inventor/Vault messed up and they have to do the work all over again. Trust me, most bosses have no interest in your reasoning as to why it happened, they just want the work done and for this to never happen again. Typically they are so blinded by the fact the work was lost, they seem to not hear a word you say.

Being a contract CAD Admin, I usually take the blame for this as opposed to them blaming the direct employee user. I've seen one place actually move to change out Inventor for SolidWorks because of this happening so much...until cooler heads prevailed.

Anyways, just a thought.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

hi jim, i apologise in advance if i misunderstand this situation. i realise this is for Autodesk.

i find myself often in the same situation as you are in.

are the "empty - heads" who are causing the grief changing the part when they should not be? whether yes or no they should be able to get the good file back to be the active version,

if they are just getting that message due to a property update or something then the file should still remain a valid one regardless of it having it's version bumped by above said "emtpy - head" who is click happy. why are they saying that their files are deleted anyway? my guess it that they probably should not be checking them out in the first place. if they are unable to process simple choices like this after being shown several times the correct approach then what good are they?

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report