Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding rows to custom iPart

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
553 Views, 9 Replies

Adding rows to custom iPart

Hi,

I am having difficulty adding two new rows to an iPart I made and published previously. Is there a way to do this without using the API?

Since it's a custom iPart not a standard CC part I would have thought this would be fairly straightforward but I can't work it out.

Thanks for any info in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you trying to add the rows to the ipart itself?  Because once it's published, that won't work.  you have to edit the family table in the CC and add the rows there.

Message 3 of 10
Cadmanto

If you have already published this ipart to the CC, the only way to get the new ones in the CC is to delete the existing ones out of the CC and regenerate the new ones in your Inventor session then republish all the members back into the CC including the new ones.

Hope this makes sense.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

If you have already published this ipart to the CC, the only way to get the new ones in the CC is to delete the existing ones out of the CC and regenerate the new ones in your Inventor session then republish all the members back into the CC including the new ones.

Hope this makes sense.

Um,... what?  New rows can be easily added to the CC family.  If the existing ones need to change, that can be done fairly easily as well, depending on the change.

Message 5 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

Is this something new?  I am pretty sure I tried doing that with no success.  But, I am still on 2012 so maybe the newer versions lend themselves better to adding.

If that is the case then adding them in the family table within the CC would be the way to go.  Of course that is if there are not any significant feature differences between the new ones and the old ones.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for the responses guys,

It's not a major addition, just a new size i wanted to add, so the new row uses all the same columns just slightly tweaked values.

So far I've tried adding the rows to the table in the factory part and the excel spreadsheet and rebuilding/generating the parts.

You mentioned the CC table - how do I access that?

thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 10
Cadmanto

Go here.

cc.JPG

Then once you are in RC on the group you need to edit and select "Family Table"

cc.JPG

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

OK thanks a lot - I'll give that a try Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
cbenner

You can do a lot in there,... you can get downright dangerous.  I don't recommend that just yet though.  Smiley Very Happy

Crawl,... then walk... then take off at a dead run.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the heads up - I'm just editing a custom part I made beforehand so hopefully no messing with things i shouldnt be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report