Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
cparnell
Message 1 of 4 (217 Views)
Accepted Solution

Add to Make Component

217 Views, 3 Replies
12-17-2013 05:07 AM

I have a part file "PLY-AY-134-A MAKE COMPONENT.ipt" that I created multiple "Solid Bodies" in and I used the "Make Components" command to create the individual part files and and assembly "PLY-AY-134-A.iam". I decided to add a few "Solid Bodies" to my original part file "PLY-AY-134-A MAKE COMPONENT.ipt". Is there a way to add these to the original "Make Components" command to add it to the allready created .iam file, "PLY-AY-134-A.iam"?

Thanks in advance for any help! Have a good week.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 4 (209 Views)

Re: Add to Make Component

12-17-2013 05:38 AM in reply to: cparnell

You can push out the additional parts with the Manage>Make Part

and then use Mate-Flush with the assembly origin planes or constrain as needed.

The assembly has already been made.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
cparnell
Message 3 of 4 (204 Views)

12-17-2013 05:43 AM in reply to: JDMather

JD:

I see, use Make Part then Place Component into "PLY-AY-134-A.iam". I could then use "Ground and Root Component" in my assembly.

Thank you for the help.

cparnell
Message 4 of 4 (155 Views)

12-19-2013 07:35 AM in reply to: cparnell

I had a coworker try something different. While in the "Make Component : Select" dialog box, he selected the "Open" icon at the "Target assembly location" and selected "No" on the "Create" dialog box which allowed him to select the existing assembly which had previously been created with the "Make Components" command. The new part from my .ipt file was added to an existing .iam file.

See attached .pdf file.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube