Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Add to Make Component

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cparnell
477 Views, 3 Replies

Add to Make Component

I have a part file "PLY-AY-134-A MAKE COMPONENT.ipt" that I created multiple "Solid Bodies" in and I used the "Make Components" command to create the individual part files and and assembly "PLY-AY-134-A.iam". I decided to add a few "Solid Bodies" to my original part file "PLY-AY-134-A MAKE COMPONENT.ipt". Is there a way to add these to the original "Make Components" command to add it to the allready created .iam file, "PLY-AY-134-A.iam"?

Thanks in advance for any help! Have a good week.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: cparnell

You can push out the additional parts with the Manage>Make Part

and then use Mate-Flush with the assembly origin planes or constrain as needed.

The assembly has already been made.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
cparnell
in reply to: JDMather

JD:

I see, use Make Part then Place Component into "PLY-AY-134-A.iam". I could then use "Ground and Root Component" in my assembly.

Thank you for the help.

Message 4 of 4
cparnell
in reply to: cparnell

I had a coworker try something different. While in the "Make Component : Select" dialog box, he selected the "Open" icon at the "Target assembly location" and selected "No" on the "Create" dialog box which allowed him to select the existing assembly which had previously been created with the "Make Components" command. The new part from my .ipt file was added to an existing .iam file.

See attached .pdf file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report