Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add rows to BOM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vale.bogdan
1050 Views, 2 Replies

Add rows to BOM

Hi 

I am trying to create excel files out of BOM for an assembly that contains a step file from customer. 

That step file is a subassembly that contains several files. 

So now my issue is if i could modify the BOM so that i add several rows. Basically i need to add in bom  rows that are pointing to inexistent parts. Besides creating a subassembly and add there several empy parts is there any other way?

Thanks

Bo

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: vale.bogdan

Would virtual parts do what you want?  In your assembly, click Create Component, and select the Virtual Component check box.  This creates a line in the BOM and a component in the browser, but all information is stored in the assembly, not as a separate part.  Useful for anything that's not modeled, such as coatings, lubricants, thread locking compound, etc.

Message 3 of 3
vale.bogdan
in reply to: SBix26

Hi

Thanks for your answer. What i am actually trying to do is to go through model tree components and check if the parts have some boolean parameter (extra_parts  - yes). If so i need to create through ilogic those virtual components accordingly to some parameters (name and part number) that are custom properties of the part that contains the "hidden" parts.

One other solution could be to alter also using some rule the export BOM excel. That also is little bit over my head, starting with checking recursively the model tree.

Regards,

Bo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report