Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add In button does not work and no design tab

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
dspielbusch
1644 Views, 13 Replies

Add In button does not work and no design tab

I am new to Inventor (using 2013) and going through the tutorials.  I have came across a couple that require you to use the design tab but I do not have a design tab.  I then try and use the add ins button to intall it but when i click on it, nothing happens.  Can anyone help with both of these issues?

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
blair
in reply to: dspielbusch

You will need to be in the Assembly Enviroment. You will need to start a new IAM from the templates.

File> New > IAM

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 14
dspielbusch
in reply to: blair

I have started the assembly but there is nothing there.  I have added a snapshot of what is on the ribbon.

Message 4 of 14
Cadmanto

What are your settings for the design accelerator in the Addin manager?

DESIGN.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 14
dspielbusch
in reply to: Cadmanto

I do not know what they are.  When I click on the Add-Ins button nothing happens.

Message 6 of 14
Cadmanto

@dspielbusch wrote:

I do not know what they are.  When I click on the Add-Ins button nothing happens.

Not sure exactly what you mean by what you said.  Are you saying that when you seelct what I indicated in my previous post nothing happens?

If you RC on the Ribbon and select this.

DESIGN.PNG

What do you see under the "Design Tab"

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 14
dspielbusch

The Add Ins button does not work.   When I click on it nothing pops up.  When I go to customize the ribbon there is not a design tab shown.  See attached.

Message 8 of 14
Cadmanto

What version of Inventor are you running?  You wouldn't happen to be using a student version would you?

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 14
dspielbusch

No it is not a student version.  It is Inventor 2013 for commercial use. 64 Bit edition.

Message 10 of 14
dspielbusch

One of my co-workers logged into my computer with his user profile and it appears that everything is the way it should be in Inventor.  The design tab was there, I could access the content center and the Add Ins button worked properly so I do not know if it has something to do with my user profile or what.

Message 11 of 14
Cadmanto

I was just ready to reply by asking if anyone else in your department was seeing this.

It would appear to me that it is in your local profile.  Are you an admin to your computer?

If not is your co-worker that logged in?

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 12 of 14
dspielbusch

I am the admin on my computer.  The other co-worker that logged in is the only one here who has not had the same issues as I have.  Everyone else is in the same boat as I am.

Message 13 of 14
Cadmanto

Well then I would take a good look and compare the profiles between him and the rest of the users to see of there are any defining differences.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 14 of 14
blair

Sounds/looks like you have "User Profile" issues with your machines/network.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report