Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptivity broke in Inventor 8?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
117 Views, 6 Replies

Adaptivity broke in Inventor 8?

Anyone haveing problems with adaptive holes projected into another part causing Inventor to crash! This program is so frustrating!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I use R8, no problems with adaptivity that I
found.

Anthony

Work: Dell WS450, Xeon 2.8, Nvidia Quadro 900XGL,
2Gb RAM, WinXPpro, R8sp0

Home: Dell WS360,P4 3.0, Nvidia FX500, 1GB RAM,
WinXPpro, R8sp0

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Anyone
haveing problems with adaptive holes projected into another part causing
Inventor to crash! This program is so frustrating!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I just got done projecting holes into another part for adaptivity and when I return back to the top level it crashes everytime.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Can you post your file?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I can't because it's proprietary. I've never had these kind of problems with Inventor. This is a very simple adaptive hole.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Can you recreate the problem in another model which
you can send out?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I found out what's causing the crashing. I generated a sketch into a part and projected holes from the other part onto the sketch. I used the projected sketch to generate a hole feature on the part (no "point, hole center", the points from the projected part). For some reason when I changed the other part the holes would not adaptivly follow it, thus causing a crash. So what I did was go into the part with the projected holes and replace them with "point, hole center" and set the holes to adaptive. Then I generated a mate constraint at the assembly level and now the holes follow the part without crashing Inventor. This is a bug in every since of the word, Way to go Autodesk!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report