Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the axis of pipe and tube.

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Ptkicker
1658 Views, 14 Replies

About the axis of pipe and tube.

Hi.. In my inventor... the Axis for design a route are almost all there..  in the beggining they where all there but now.. one of them dissapear... it was the  " X " Axis with a cross...  

how can i recover The "X " Axis again ? the Y and Z i have it.. they are angular ... they can rotate.. and i see them... the other one... i dont see him....

another question....

When i go to the pipe styles... and i want to make a copy of an existing pipe style to a new pipe style... , for i to make some small changes.... when i save that new style...  it stays there for the moment of my draw... but if i close the draw.. and make a new one..  that new style that i created... it is not there anymore...  and some time ago.. the new styles that i made... they stay there...  now.. i make save as usual... but it will not stay there...

Thx.. 🙂

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
cbenner
in reply to: Ptkicker

@Ptkicker wrote:

Hi.. In my inventor... the Axis for design a route are almost all there..  in the beggining they where all there but now.. one of them dissapear... it was the  " X " Axis with a cross...  

how can i recover The "X " Axis again ? the Y and Z i have it.. they are angular ... they can rotate.. and i see them... the other one... i dont see him....

Can you please post ascreen shot of what you are asking?  I'm afraid there is a language barrier and I'm not quitre understanding the question.

another question....

When i go to the pipe styles... and i want to make a copy of an existing pipe style to a new pipe style... , for i to make some small changes.... when i save that new style...  it stays there for the moment of my draw... but if i close the draw.. and make a new one..  that new style that i created... it is not there anymore...  and some time ago.. the new styles that i made... they stay there...  now.. i make save as usual... but it will not stay there...

Tube & Pipe styles need to be created in the tube & pipe runs template file; piping runs.iam.  This file is usually located in your Design Data folder.  Create and save T&P styles here to make them available to new assemblies when you start them.

Thx.. 🙂

Hope this helped!

Message 3 of 15
Ptkicker
in reply to: cbenner

about the Axis...  i hope the picture can show.. what i cannot tell in words.. 🙂 

Message 4 of 15
blair

It could be a graphics issue with your laptop. Make sure you are on the latest Microsoft certified graphics drivers for your machine. Try changing the settings in the Application Options>Hardware> and try switching between Performace, Quality and Compatibility settings.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 15
Ptkicker
in reply to: blair

So... there is no option for on/off of those Axis ???  because i already open some new drawing.. and sometimes all Axis are there.... other time.. one is missing...

i have the latest Nvidia drivers....

Thx.. 🙂

Message 6 of 15
Ptkicker

This happen ... for what i see... when i redefine a new style of pipe and tube....  that Axis disappear.....   why ? what do i do wrong ??

Message 7 of 15
cbenner

I'm afraid I'm still not seeing the problem.  There are 3 axes there.  In your route you have the option of continuing upward on the axis that your first line was drawn, or turning 90 degrees in any direction to put a bend in your route.  Am I missing something?

Message 8 of 15
Ptkicker

see the image that i put ... in some posts ago.... the " X " Axis dont appear to me... for rotation if i want to choose rotacion in the " X " Axis ....
this happens normalle when i redifine a new style of pipe and tube... in my case i redefine a 8 Inch flanged steel Galv. pipe as a new style...
Message 10 of 15
Ptkicker

but in that Z Axis... you should have a " Cross"  for you to rotate your "Z" Axis.... do you see what i am meaning ?? 

Message 11 of 15
cbenner

No, I'm afraid I have no idea what you're trying to do.  You cannot rotate the vertical axis if that is the axis you are currently drawing on... it only will continue upoward from your last point.  If you want to rotate your route you need to choose a different axis.

Maybe if you posted a picture of what you are trying to do, i could understand better.  Do you have a picture of the finished pipe route?

Message 12 of 15
Ptkicker

ok... let me see if with picture and  drawing.. you see what i want to do...

Message 13 of 15
cwhetten

Hi  @Anonymous , see the picture below for what @Ptkicker is talking about.

In order to see the "x-axis cross" you are talking about, your pipe style must have an Elbow 45 defined.  If there is no family specified for Elbow 45, the cross will not be there.

TnP 45 Routing.png

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 14 of 15
Ptkicker
in reply to: cwhetten

Thx Man.... that was a big light for me.... :))))))))))))))))))   it was the problem of no definition is the  pipe stytle of a 45 degree elbow.... :)))))

thx man... :::)))))

Message 15 of 15
cbenner
in reply to: cwhetten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report