Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARC Length Issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
rhasell
1151 Views, 0 Replies

ARC Length Issues

Hello.

In my line of work I do a lot of arcs, and detailing them according to company standards is tedious, in my opinion, the method used by my company looks better than Inventor "out the box method"

Perhaps I am doing it incorrectly, if so, please can someone correct me, if not, does someone have a solution to my issue.

When Detailing an arc:

- Place the dimension for the arc length

- Set that dimension to a preset NON Printable layer.

- Place another dimension for the arc Angle.

- Edit this dimension to, "Hide Value" then enter the dimesion value manually, placing the Arc Symbol above the dimension, (Tip set the text scale to exact, brings the arc symbol closer to the text)

- Superimpose the manually placed value ontop of the arc lenth dim, this allows for easy checking of a changed dimension, and any errors.

It gets even more tedious when doing this for dimensions at the bottom of the arc.

I have to repeat the process as above, but in addition,

- Hide the Extension line for each Angle Dimension, as they go down to the Arc Center.

- Manually sketch in the "New" extension lines.

See attached sketch, the blue dimensions are the system created arc length, the black dims have been maually placed (Angle dimensions)

All dimesions below the arc have had the extension lines sketched in.

HELP PLEASE.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report