Inventor General

Message 1 of 3 (250 Views)
Accepted Solution

45 degree angle on flanges

250 Views, 2 Replies
12-19-2013 09:15 AM

I was just wondering if anyone knows an easier way to program 45 degree corners on the top flange of two mating parts. We can't bend the ends on so they have to be welded. I am using inventor 2014 professional. Almost all my programming is done in sheet meetal. Thanks.

Dean

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 3 (245 Views)

Re: 45 degree angle on flanges

12-19-2013 09:28 AM in reply to: feldmanncad

There might be a way creating as a single part and then splitting and Deriving.  But not sure it is any easier.

One note - you should be using Cut - Across Bend.  If you look at the corners of flat pattern in wireframe - they are not quite correct they way you have done them.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2014 Edu 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Message 3 of 3 (220 Views)

Re: 45 degree angle on flanges

12-19-2013 01:06 PM in reply to: JDMather

JD,

You actually answered my question without knowing it. The main reason I was looking for a better way to do it was to get rid of the extra lines in the flat pattern. I think the way I'm doing it is as quick as it's going to get but the cut across bends helps a lot. Less work on the ACAD side.  Thanks.

Dean

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube