Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party linked Table in IDW not updating

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jkvheerden
256 Views, 0 Replies

3rd party linked Table in IDW not updating

Good afternoon

I am really hoping that someone could help me with the following problem.

Version:  Inventor 2012 with Vault collaboration 2012.

I have created a couple of templates for the different products we manufacture due to each product differing in diameter, width etc. Each template would consist of a couple of parts, an assembly an idw and then an excel document that drives my assembly in regards to parameter changes as well as triggers for my Ilogic rules in my assembly due to different add ins. The excel spreadsheet will also reply information my idw document via an table.

What would happen is that I would do a copy design of my template in Vault. Rename the parts, assemblies as well as IDW according to my number scheme. I will then check all the files our of vault.

I will then start the process by opening my excel document, and entering all the data inside it. The data would be diameter, width voltage etc etc. I would then also select different terminations for my heater band in this case. This will then be used by my ilogic rule in my assembly to select the correct one. 70 % of the information entered into excel is used to drive my design. 30 % would be general information about the product that has to be on my idw.

After entering all the data I would then open my assembly to make sure all the changes did take place save and close. Finally I would then open my IDW that consists of views, parts list. as well as n table that is linked to my excel spreadsheet. All the other information in my idw updates accordingly, except my table. The only way to show the information needed would be to change the source of the excel document. And I would have to do this operation twice up and till the information has been updated.

Is there a way of getting around this?

My second question would be , my assembly file name as well as my drawing file name is the same number, obviously just in different formats.

In vault I have a numbering scheme for my assembly, but not for my idw as this would not give the same value as for my assembly. I would then have to update my assembly first to obtain the new number and then have to change my idw file name by using a custom numbering scheme. Is there a way to link my IDW with my IAM to ensure that they have the same names in vault.

I would appreciate assistance in regards to this.

Kind Regards

Johan van Heerden

I would really appreciate some feedback in regards to this.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report