Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Pattern

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
terry.lee
300 Views, 3 Replies

3D Pattern

Hi.

I have a 90 degree elbow section of tubing that I want to attach a pattern of studs to as a single part (at 75 centres).  From the attachment you can see the studs on the cylindrical sections.

Is there a way of doing this in an ipt?

Thanks,

T

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: terry.lee

how have you created the pipe?  if it's a sweep then the centerline used for the sweep can be used to drive a rectangular pattern along the pipe, following the bend.  Despite being called "rectangular pattern" it's more a pattern along a path.

see the attached quick example (2012 version) - I have patterned the array of studs along the path used for the sweep.  The main option to be aware of if the "Orientation" option is checked to "direction1" in the more options within the rectangular pattern dialog (click the >>  to see this at the bottom-right of the dialog).

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 4
terry.lee
in reply to: sam_m

That's great.

Many thanks.  I didn't realise that rectangular was used as sweep.

Thanks again,

T

Message 4 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: terry.lee

no worries - ps, you've listed your own reply as the solution, not wanting to be picky...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report