Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Mouse Suggestion

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
J.Gibson
1117 Views, 7 Replies

3D Mouse Suggestion

What brand of 3D mouse would be recommended for use with Inventor 2013?

Jason

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pball
in reply to: J.Gibson

I have the 3Dconneciox Space Navigator and I quite like it. It's really the only 3D mouse I've heard of so this is a one sided suggestion.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacenavigator.html

It lets you pan/zoom/rotate all at the same time and it only took a few days to really get used to it. The basic one has two buttons which can be programmed to do various things, like zoom all.

Message 3 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: pball

Ditto on Navigator - I have more advanced model too, but only use the two buttons anyhow.

I prefer to change the default zoom/pan behavior.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
BarryZA
in reply to: JDMather

And within a week it becomes a "how did I ever live without this" scenario.

Message 5 of 8
blair
in reply to: BarryZA

Ditto, the first day take motion sickness pills and get familar with the "Home" view icon. After that you won't be able to work with Inventor without a 3D Motion Controler and will wonder how you ever worked without one.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 8
stevec781

I use the spaceball 5000 (usb) with an old driver.  Works fine, I find the ball more comfortable than the new ones, and they are cheap on ebay.

Message 7 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: stevec781

@stevec781 wrote:

I use the spaceball 5000 (usb) with an old driver.  Works fine, I find the ball more comfortable than the new ones, and they are cheap on ebay.

What OS are you using?
I have 25 of these things that I haven't been able to get to work since changing to 64-bit Win 7.  (don't think I tried older driver)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
stevec781

They work fine on win7 64 and winXP 64 with Inv 2010 - 2013 using driver from 3dconnexion web site.  Its a bit slow with fusion but not sure if that's just a fusion problem.  Some other posts complain about fusion being slow to rotate with newer devices as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report