Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d to 3d no cube appears

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
brooklyn6213
413 Views, 3 Replies

2d to 3d no cube appears

2d to 3d no cube appears when I click on base view diologe box appears left hand corner that it any sugestions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: brooklyn6213

Yes-- please write your question again, this time using punctuation and checking your spelling.  Then I and others here might be able to understand what you're asking.

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: brooklyn6213

Attach the file here (or at least screen shots) that exhibits this behavior.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
AuriAniu
in reply to: SBix26

@bixler

Not everyone is as proficient in their written or spoke language as you might be accustomed to. Please do consider the simple fact, that while English is the language of globalization, some people struggle with it even when it is their mother tongue. 

If I understand correctly, the problem brooklyn6213 is experiencing is similar to my own:

When I try converting a 2D sketch (obtained by importing a .dwg) to a 3D solid (.ipt) using the AutoDesk Labs ‘2D to 3D Tool’ (for Inventor 2013 64-bit) something quite useful does not happen. When one selects the ‘base view’ command there should be a ‘yellow cube’ that appears in the model space to allow you to ‘select the face for your base view’ followed by the ‘sketch segments that define the base view’. If you have ever used the ‘2D to 3D Tool’ then you will know exactly the ‘yellow cube’ I am referring to. If you dont, you can find videos that demonstrate this feature in action and the presence of the 'yellow cube' is unmisteakable. 

The problem we are experiencing (besides the constant crashing of Inventor due to the attempted uses of this feature) is that the cube does not ‘appear’ in the modeling space. No cube… no way to continue using the feature (even though it’s a great one to be had).

Please let me know if you have any experience dealing in such matter and how this may be resolved swiftly and effortlessly.

Thank you for your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report