Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d Chamfer Issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
162 Views, 4 Replies

2d Chamfer Issues

I have been encountering this 2d Chamfer and Fillet issue for a while now, it seems that my system likes to chamfer things the wrong way and I cannot figure out why. Of course Since I started this post I cant seem to get it to do it again. Has anyone else encountered such an issue? Instead of chamfering the corner of a rectangle it will extend one side so the chamfer is opposite to the way it should be. It has also placed a circle/loop on a corner instead of rounding.
Mike
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is an example of what I keep encountering. I wanted to place a chamfer on the bottom two corners of the rectangle but it Chamfered them outward instead of inward...??
Mike
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Try dimensioning the bottom line maybe?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

In R10 I constructed something similar without dimensions. Lets us say you want a chamfer on the left hand side of the rectangle.

After you bring up the chamfer dialog box when you pick the two lines, pick on the Right hand side of the horizontal bottom line for the chamfer to go inward. Pick the Left hand side of the horizontal bottom line for the chamfer to go outward. Please keep in mind there are two solutions here and the pick point helping to pick a solution seems to be working.

OR
When I did a distance angle chamfer I could see which way the angle is dimensioned and accordingly I could change the angle.

Thanks.

shekar
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

THANKS! I will endeavor to be more cognizant of what I select first.
M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report