Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 style collections failed to migrate

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RobJV
782 Views, 4 Replies

25 style collections failed to migrate

25 style collections failed to migrate due to the following errors: The material referenced in the Sheet Metal Rule could not be located. A default material has been assigned.

I have finally installed Inventor 2014 pro and I am having a terrible time migrating my design data.  I have seen others with the above error message but no real solution besides rebuilding sheet metal rules.  No thanks.  Also, I seem to remember having to also copy user created surfaces to the new folder in each release - can this not be optimized as well?

Any way I can migrate my data?  Anybody from autodesk want to see my design data folder?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobJV
in reply to: RobJV

Well - I fixed this problem.  What a waste of a day!  

I opened 2014, used the material editor to import my 2013 "adsklib" file (which turned out to be something called TempLibrary2013.adsklib) and then manually one by one located the materials that did not exist in the 2014 library and right clicked on them and sent them to the new library.   I was then able to use the migration tool and hopefully things will now work as expected.

(The materials that I needed to find were the ones I had used in my sheet metal rules.)

Rob

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,

thank you for this information. Would you mind telling me where the file TempLibrary2013.adsklib was stored

and whether you created it yourself or did it just appear during the migration?

Best regards.

Message 4 of 5
RobJV

Hi,

I assume I created it somehow but honestly do not remember.  (I wonder if it was created automatically when I went from 2011 to 2013?)  Furthermore, I never actively chose that library in 2013.  I would always use the Inventor Material Library so don't really have a grasp on how that library came to be.  

When I tried to manually choose materials from the 2013 Inventor Material Library for updating to 2014, the library appeared empty so that is why I used this other one.  Anyways, for me, both of these libraries are in: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Materials.  (I am on Windows 7.)

I like and see where the whole material library is going but the journey is very klunky and could have been done way smoother by autodesk.  

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr

@RobJV wrote:

I like and see where the whole material library is going but the journey is very klunky and could have been done way smoother by autodesk.  

+1,000,000

I had the exact same problem and now can "hopefully" try to address it with your information. I went from 2012 to 2014 and had NUMEROUS problems with migrating the styles and still have problems.. I agree there should have been a much better way to do it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report