Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Ribbon Panels all collapsed

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
lrmccain
20926 Views, 11 Replies

2015 Ribbon Panels all collapsed

Ok, I need some help here, I've been using inventor for 6 months or so and Inventor 2015 for about 2 days. This morning, when I started it up, all my ribbon panels are collapsed. I have to mouse over the title icon of every single panel on every single tab in order to see the commands there. I can not, for the life of me, figure out how this happened or how to change it back. I have reset the ribbon, I have unselected and reselected all of the panels, I have cycled through all of the ribbon styles. 

Can someone please help me?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: lrmccain

Welcome to the Forum!

You've minimized the ribbon, to get it back you'll have to click on the small "arrow" icon at the end of the bar.
(probably a few times to get the view you want.)

See also: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-129D10A7-5768-476F-BE1D-9D208C0FE969

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 12
lrmccain
in reply to: -niels-

Thanks so much, must have had an errant click and hit that.

Message 4 of 12
autodesk

thanks! This should also be when you right click in the Ribbon on a gray area.
Message 5 of 12
hmitchell2

I've tried what you suggested but no matter what options I choose- collapse, expand, reset toolbar- nothing changes. They are still collapsed. Does it need to restart after every change? I'm a teacher with 180 students and this has happened to two students in separate hours, separate computers and I can't for the life of me figure it out. This is an introductory course and it's very frustrating to them. Please help! 

Message 6 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: hmitchell2

I'm not sure i fully understand what's going wrong for you, but you should not have to "choose" anything.
Just click on the Triangle a couple of times, the state should change on each click.
Double-clicking on the black bar should have the same effect.

Ribbon_state_001.png

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 7 of 12
hmitchell2

Double clicking the triangle did not work on her computer (did on my laptop) but double clicking the black bar did the trick! Thank you!!!!

Message 8 of 12
duskodr

I've just "lost" command labels, so the only thing I see are icons. Does anyone knows how to get it back?

Message 9 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: duskodr

@duskodr, that looks like a different type of problem...

I found something similar in this older topic:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/blank-ribbon-amp-no-text-in-inventor-screen/td-p/28982...

Not sure how to resolve it though, seems like it might have to do with a corrupted profile.

You could try the reset utility, but you'll lose any customization you may have done.

(you can find the "inventor reset utility" in the windows start menu under the Autodesk folder, probably easier to type "reset utility" to autosearch for it)

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 10 of 12
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: duskodr

@duskodr

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Not sure if you were able to resolve this issue or not but most likely the issue is related to the Ribbon Appearance/Text Off

2017-11-29_7-31-43.jpg

Meaning right mouse click on the ribbon and select Ribbon Appearance and the sub-selection.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 11 of 12
-niels-
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hah, never noticed that option... probably because it isn't in the cycle when you click the button...
Bit weird that there are 2 different options to alter the appearance of the ribbon buttons.

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 12 of 12
duskodr
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yup, that's it, thx. 

Truth is, I saw this option the first time this happened, but what ever I choose there was no difference (guess it was bugged). It probably works now because I've restarted Inventor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report