Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015- Part "Ghosting" in assembly

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
karthur1
1342 Views, 17 Replies

2015- Part "Ghosting" in assembly

Sometimes when I place or move a component, it will leave a wireframe of the part behind.  If I zoom in or out it will go away, but then when I zoom back cloase to the level where the ghosting appeared, it is there again.  I can orbit and the ghost is still there.  The only way to get rid of it is to close/reopen the assembly.

2015 Ghosting.jpg

I am using 2015 RTM Update 1 and under the Tools>App options, hardware tab, I have the "Performance" setting checked.  I am also using the latest graphics driver for my setup.  Attached is the hardware diagnostics file.

I see this pretty often, but I can't reproduce it (it just happens). I know this was an issue during beta, just wondering if there has been any progress on preventing this from occuring.

Thanks,

Kirk

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 337.88)
INV Pro R2015, (update 1)
Vault Pro 2015

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
stephenson513
in reply to: karthur1

I get this too, no fix as of right now but instead of exiting the assembly, just click on half section view then end section view. I moved the button to be on the main ribbon so i didnt have to change tabs everytime.

Message 3 of 18
bob_holland

Karthur1,

If you set your Inventor Graphics setting to conservative mode and software graphics, does it make a difference?

Application Options > Hardware Tab

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 18
karthur1
in reply to: bob_holland

Bob,

Seems like I have tried the Consertive setting, but the ghosting eventually returns even with that setting.

I will try it again next time I experience this.

Thanks,

Kirk

Message 5 of 18

I never had this problem in 2012 or 2013, both on the samne hardware and video card. I have just upgraded to 2014 (same hardware and video card) and now I see this quite often. My video card (ATI Firepro V7800) is not listed in the hardware compatibility list. I have tried using various flavours of the AMD driver files but with no success.

It's very sporadic and doesn't really cause me any problems. But I suspect it has something to do with incimpatibility.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 6 of 18
WHolzwarth

Here's an interesting sample.

Opened with 2013, the strings are looking good.

In 2014 and 2015, they are nearly invisible.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 7 of 18
karthur1

Bob,

Working this morning on an assembly.  Placed a part and then moved it, and the ghosting appeared.  My graphics was set to "Performance", so I changed it to Conservative.  When I did that, the ghosting went away.  I continued to work and then a while later, I moved a different part and the ghosting appeared again. This time, I checked the "Software Graphics" box.  When I did that the ghosting was removed.  Later, the ghosting reappeared on another part when I moved it.

The image below shows ghosting for a fastener that I placed in the assembly, but it happens on other parts as well (not just bolts).

Kirk

More_Ghosting.png

Message 8 of 18
bob_holland

Kirk,

I think that I would like you to roll your driver back and see if this one helps:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/71704

Does this happen on all of your models or just a particular model?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 9 of 18
karthur1

Bob,

Installing that driver now (332.21).

It comes up at random times so I cant say that it happens on "ALL" of my files.  I have seen it several times though.

Kirk

Message 10 of 18
mcgyvr

@bob.holland wrote:

Kirk,

I think that I would like you to roll your driver back and see if this one helps:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/71704

Does this happen on all of your models or just a particular model?

Thank you.

Bob.. doesn't the fact that he had the same issue with "software graphics" on say its NOT related to his graphics card/driver version? 

I "thought" software graphics does NOT use the graphics card at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 11 of 18
karthur1

Another instance of ghosting using the suggested driver.

Kirk

Ghosting_(2).png

Message 12 of 18
bob_holland

Kirk,

Can you please send us a screen shot of the following dialog boxes:

silhouette off.png

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 13 of 18
karthur1

2014-07-16_1010.png

Message 14 of 18
lkrenzler

I get exactly the same thing with 2014 SP2.  I'm using a quadro K2000 with the 334.95 drivers.  I didn't used to get it until recently, I think with SP2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
Message 15 of 18
bob_holland

Kurt,

Please try the following and let me know if it makes a difference:

1. Go to Application Options->Display->Minimum frame rate, change the value from default to 0, and test again.
2. Turn off Display Silhouettes: Tools > App Options > Display > Settings
3. Try toggling the visual style from Shaded to Shaded with edges to something else.
4. Try to modify the Tools > App Options > Display > Display Quality > Form "Smoother" to "Smooth."
5. Make sure the DPI setting of Windows display is set to 100%.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 16 of 18
cnewmanVIK

This problem has been talked about here 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Graphics-Issues-in-Inventor-2014/m-p/4987466#M506166

since Oct 2013.  Seems to be something with the shaded with edges setting.

Message 17 of 18
karthur1

Bob,

I did all the items listed and that doesnt work either.  If I use shaded with edges, wireframe, watercolor or illustration visual style it ghost is visible.  Any of the other visual styles will cause it will go away temporarily.  As I continue to work, it will eventually return.

2014-07-17_1443.png

Kirk

Message 18 of 18
ball

Is there any fix for this issue yet? I've tried all of the suggested options with no luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report