Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Talayoe
629 Views, 6 Replies

Hi all,

Couple of questions seeing that 2014 inventor is now out...

How can one migrate all setting from 2013 over to 2014 in one swoop? Its always been a bit of a task to do this and it would be nice to move all template files, settings ect in one shot. Possible?

The other question is not about 2014 specifically but i wondered where the add in "store" is? Googled and cant find. What i am looking for is a feature recognition app. An active customer supplies us with solidworks models which i import into inventor. I cannot read "hole and thread" data when making a drawing from said files (even after saving to ipt). Been suggested there is an add in to do this.

Tks!
-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
djreesing
in reply to: Talayoe

Inventor app store: http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/Home/Index

The feature recongnition add-in recently graduated from technology preview to the real deal. However it's not yet available in the app store (at least I cannot find it).

Daniël

Message 3 of 7
karthur1

I have yet to see 2014 on the subscription site.. Hopefully it will be there soon. I see 2014 Autodesk Electrical, but not Inventor.

For your templates, you should be able to just copy them over to your templates folder (wherever that is under your project).  You will have to open each one explicitly and migrate it before you can use it.

For the other application option settings, you can export your current settings to a file, then in 2014, import in the settings. The export/import is at the bottom of the tools>application options dialog.

If you have customized your ribbon/keyboard/marking menu, you can export/import that as well in a similar fashion.

Kirk

Message 4 of 7
Talayoe
in reply to: karthur1

Hi,

I have Design Suite Premium and it showed up on the subscription site 2 nights ago, so I am just going thru the paces of getting it going as I LOVE new software (wheather or not it has issues!). 

The weird thing that I noticed and was somewhat excited about (since I use the premium edition) was that when it installed (again, download from subscription site) it installed with Inventor Professional. 🙂 A step up? Me likes free upgrages...hope it wasnt in error! 

Anyways, I think I have got it all moved over (from what I can tell). Thanks for the help.

btw: inventor 2014 seems to load a bit slower than 2013 😞 Nice new splash screens tho haha

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 5 of 7
karthur1

I was involved in the 2014 BETA program. It does have some nice features.  Dont understand why I dont see it on my subscripton site yet though.

I dont think the step up to professional was an error. It might load a little slower than 2013, but remember you are now loading Pro (which has more stuuf to load). Not sure if that attributes to all the extra time you are seeing, but I am sure it is some of it.  BTW, you can disable some of the add-ins that you never use (Tools >Add-ins, Load Behavior).

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

@Talayoe wrote:

The weird thing that I noticed and was somewhat excited about (since I use the premium edition) was that when it installed (again, download from subscription site) it installed with Inventor Professional. 🙂 A step up? Me likes free upgrages...hope it wasnt in error! 

inventor pro was added to the product premium suite in 2014

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
exSWX
in reply to: DarrenP

I believe you now get Pro as Standard.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report