Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 missing files

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
richard_cirillo
2770 Views, 15 Replies

2014 missing files

Hi

Downloaded Edu Inventor 2014 and when i go to install it says missing files...so i retried and same issue....this is the file that downloaded -

Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx

File size - 3.93GB

Where do i download the missing files please

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
rmerlob
in reply to: richard_cirillo

Yeah seems to be broken on Autodesk´s side, had to use this link when I tried to install it, there seems to be no option to download the second file.

http://pastebin.com/UTqTW6WB

http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sf...

http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_002_002.sf...

Just copy and paste the links and download should start.

Regards,

RM

If this helps you out please mark as solution

Message 3 of 16
richard_cirillo
in reply to: rmerlob

Thank you

I will start and hopefully all good

Message 4 of 16

OK...I have both files and the extracting has stalled at 8.09GB of 8.83GB....finished at 8.1GB and now says cannot open

1. Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe     -   3.93GB
  2. Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_002_002.sfx.exe     -    154MB

picture of error attached

Thanks

Message 5 of 16
rmerlob

Yes happened to me to, download boh files from the links I have you , delete the one you downloaded from AItodesk
Message 6 of 16

Thanks...i will try again

Message 7 of 16

I downloaded both files and extracted onto my computer.....it says it is installed but i cannot find Inventor 2014 to run...only Content Center 2014 shows up in programs.....i tried to install again and it shows that Inventor 2014 is Installed but has a tick in Content Centre but it is already installed....

It also says ReCap is installed but i cannot find either

what have i missed or messed up?

Thanks

Message 8 of 16
rmerlob

Mmm weird, those install files worked fine for me. While installing, did something indicate that it was specifically installing Inventor, ie did you see files being written to the inventor folder?

Is the entire folder missing or just the exe? Or just the desktop icon ?
Message 9 of 16

It did not even create a desktop shortcut for Inventor 2014..created ReCap and Designview shortcuts....the application file is there but errors

While installing, did something indicate that it was specifically installing Inventor, ie did you see files being written to the inventor folder - No

Thanks for your help

When it extracts the file to destination i do not see any files copying but just a progress bar.When extraction complete i place in serial number and product key and then the only option is to install Content Centre and Vault as it says Inventor 2014 Installed with Green tick....no files are shown during extraction

Message 10 of 16

Still no luck...downloaded the EDU 2014 Inventor version again.....says it is installed but i cannot find ..  could it maybe inflicting with Inventor 2013 which downloaded and runs perfectly

Thanks

Message 11 of 16

I have almost given up....any other thoughts please?

Message 12 of 16
rmerlob

My only other idea would be uninstall inv 2013 a well and try again

I had the same problems as you but clean installing those files y gave you worked ok.

It would e nice I someone from Autodesk responded so we can know if this is a known issue or isolated case.

Has someone else installed 2014 edu successfully?
Message 13 of 16
richard_cirillo
in reply to: rmerlob

Hi merlob

Thanks for taking the time to help on this issue

Rich

Message 14 of 16
m.mees

Hi,

I suggest that you do a clean uninstall of Inventor 2014 even if you haven't installed it in the first place following the tipps given here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22100879&linkID=9240617

Regards.

Message 15 of 16

Thanks to both merlob amd m.mees for there help.It now works after the clean uninstall

Message 16 of 16
valeloru

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem, but with the italian version.
I downloaded Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Ita_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx ,but when i go to install it says missing files.
Are there two working links for the italian version please?
Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report