Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 inventor fusion (student version) Windows 8.1 Problems

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
jhtfitness
2723 Views, 17 Replies

2013 inventor fusion (student version) Windows 8.1 Problems

Hi All

I am at college and bought a new laptop as my old one was not upto spec for autocad and inventor 2013. I downloaded the student version of both these softwares and the autocad works fine, the inventor one will not work at all since the 8.1 upgrade of windows.

A large part of my studies are based on inventor so this is a problem for my learning. It just tells me that inventor is not compatible, is there any way for me to get this problem solved?

Can i also add i am not very technicel so computer jargon may be above me.

Cheers Guys

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
chad38
in reply to: jhtfitness

Firstly, are you using "Inventor Fusion" or are you using "Inventor"? There is a difference.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 3 of 18
jhtfitness
in reply to: chad38

well the icon that installed on my computer says inventor fusion 2013, so i assume thats the one?

Message 4 of 18
chad38

Well, that's not inventor. Inventor Fusion was the original beta name for a different modeling program, which is now called "Fusion 360" I believe. Are you supposed to be using Inventor? Also, if you are wanting fusion, I believe you can download it for free under the new name "Fusion 360" perhaps your incompatiblility problem will be fixed then.

HP Z420 Workstation
12.0 GB RAM
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 5 of 18
jhtfitness

To be honest i never knew there was any difference, but it is definitly Inventor that i use in college so i have maybe installed the incorrect software then? Am i able to go and install this? if so is there any guidance on what it would be called ie. just inventor 2013. I do get it from the education section.

cheers for your help

Message 6 of 18
chad38

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/inventor-professional

Try that. It's what you want. Stay away from fusion in the title.

HP Z420 Workstation
12.0 GB RAM
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 7 of 18
jhtfitness

magic il give it a try and uninstall the other one, il keep you posted and thanks again

Message 8 of 18
JDMather

@chad38 wrote:
 Stay away from fusion in the title.

I don't think there is a choice if downloading Inventor Professional r2013 - I think it is part of the install (but can probably set an option not to install during the installation process).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 18
JDMather

@jhtfitness wrote:

autocad and inventor 2013. I downloaded the student version of both these softwares and the autocad works fine, the inventor one will not work at all since the 8.1 upgrade of windows

Can you use Inventor 2014 instead (keep in mind that the files are not backward compatible if your school is using 2013).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 10 of 18
jhtfitness
in reply to: JDMather

when i now try logging into the education section to download software it is asking for details and urls for my college, unfortunately i dont have this info to hand and college is shut till next week. what a hassle.
Message 11 of 18
JDMather

Are you clicking here (I noticed they made some changes recently that fooled me for a bit in getting signed in on my account).

Student Community.png

Message 12 of 18
jhtfitness

yes that is where i clicked to get in, it lets me put username and password, then asks me to fill out the details of college, unsure why it does this when obviously i put this in when i initially registered lastyear?
Message 13 of 18
JDMather

@jhtfitness wrote:
... lets me put username and password, ... i initially registered lastyear?

Autodesk has gone to a single sign-in, are you using the same username and password that you used to get here (on this forum post your question)?

Message 14 of 18
jhtfitness

Yes i am using the same username and password, so i am confused
Message 15 of 18
jhtfitness

well as far as i know i am, i registered lastyear, i got to the forum by checking for online solutions from windows when it said uncompatible. I know i used the same email address, and as far as i remember, same password.
Message 16 of 18
JDMather

Probably should have sent you over here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

a long time ago.

Post your problem over there and be sure to include a link back to this discussion so that they know what you have already tried.

Message 17 of 18
LT.Rusty

JD-

For what it's worth, every time I go to download software from Autodesk for school (I know it's a single login, but I have two accounts - I set one up with my day-job email address and a second with my night-job email address as a teacher), it still asks me to re-enter all the school information.  Not sure why, but it's done it every time, and it seems to be the same thing that the OP here is talking about.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 18 of 18

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report