Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 iPart/iAssembly in Drawing Causes Crash

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chivalryder
389 Views, 3 Replies

2013 iPart/iAssembly in Drawing Causes Crash

Hey everyone,

New here and new to Inventor 2013. 

I'm having an issue with Inventor crashing every time I attempt to follow this exact procedure:

1.  I have a drawing open with an iAssembly or iPart in it.

2.  I edit a view by double-clicking the view, opening the 'Drawing View' dialog box.

3.  I open the 'Model State' tab.

4.  In the 'iAssembly/iPart Member' menu box, I select a different member.

Now, it may or may not open the 'Save' dialog box.  If it does, then I click 'OK' and poof, Inventor crashes without fail, asking to send in a crash report.

The same thing happens if I start a brand new drawing and attempt to follow the same procedure while inserting a Base view.

Now, I know for a fact that the not all of the drivers are not up to date on my computer, I am not using a recommended graphics card, and I am using SP1.1, not SP2.  I have notified my IT guy about this, but he has yet to get back to me.  I don't now if/when everything on my computer will be updated.  I do not have admin rights to my computer.

In the mean time, Inventor has become essentially useless for me until this issue has been resolved.  Are there any suggestions as to how I can get these drawings to start working?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chivalryder
in reply to: Chivalryder

Nevermind. I seem to have discovered the solution. I had to generate a file for each individual configuration before I started to produce the drawings.
Message 3 of 4
Chivalryder

Scratch that last post. Inventor is once again crashing every single time I try to save a drawing with an iPart or iAssembly within it, even with up to date part files. I can't seem to do anything to get it to work.
Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr

"Try" doing a rebuild all on the ipart/iassembly factory..then save..then generate members..then save.. then go do the drawing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report