Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 crashes at startup window

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eman6398
2446 Views, 3 Replies

2013 crashes at startup window

Every so often when I open 2013 inventor it freezes at the startup window. the "progress bar" at the bottom gets about 75% across, then freezes. If I click on the window it, a dialog box appears that will let me close the program or check online for a solution. It has happened on all 7 machines here.

Anybody else have this problem?

Dell t1700 Xeon 16 gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: eman6398

Hi! Did you get to submit crash report? If yes, could you send a new one and send an email to me immediately after? I would like to take a look at the report.

You mentioned that it happens "every so often." Is there any commonality of operations you did prior to the crash? Or, it is random without any pattern. Without further information, I would suspect it could be graphics related. Could you try the following for me?

1. Find one of the machines exhibiting this behavior.

2. Start Inventor -> go to Tools tab -> Application Options -> Hardware -> select Compatibility mode -> OK.

3. Use it as usual and see if it still crashes randomly.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
eman6398
in reply to: eman6398

I havent sent an error report, usually when Inventor crashes I t will send one automatically. In this case it doesnt. Is there another way? I changed my graphics options and will see what happens. I havent seen any pattern of when it crashes. I have also noticed that It crashed randomly with an assembly open and I lost my 3d connexion settings and mouse settings. they returned when I restarted my computer.

Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

Message 4 of 4
eman6398
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I made the changes you suggested and still freezes up from time to time. one thing I noticed is when it locks up, there was two inventor processes running in task manager. once I ended one inventor process, the other started right up. I also noticed that after the inventor window is closed, the process hangs around in the list for awhile. Didnt a previous version have this problem until a service pack fixed it.

Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report