Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 - While placing Balloon, text disappears/illegible

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karthur1
333 Views, 3 Replies

2013 - While placing Balloon, text disappears/illegible

In 2013, when I place a balloon, or drag an existing one around, the text inside the balloon either disappears or gets mundged.  My hardware setting is on "Performance".  I tried it on "Compatability" as well with the same results.

http://screencast.com/t/0dLOJ3kUla

Graphics card supports both DX10/OpenGL.  Worked fine for 2011 and 2012.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
trumpy81
in reply to: karthur1

I haven't seen that with my machine or Inventor 2013. It does seem to indicate that your graphics card is falling down on the job a little. It's not able to update in real-time while your placing the balloon.

Do you have the latest drivers installed and are they working correctly?

Out of interest, what score do you get in the Windows Experience Index for graphics?

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 3 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: trumpy81

Graphic scores 7.0

Message 4 of 4
trumpy81
in reply to: karthur1

I'd be delving into the bowels of Windows for a solution, something is slowing down the graphics card. It's only marginal though, so look for subtle causes. It probably won't be anything dramatic.

First stop would be the Event Viewer, check for any graphics related errors. Next step would be to minimise Services and background processes when running Inventor at least.

A repair of the Inventor installation may help, but if your not seeing any other graphics related problems with Inventor then it's unlikely to do anything, but as they say, it can't hurt.

Try uninstalling the card drivers and let Windows reinstall them, that can help sometimes.

Check your memory for errors also. Run the memtest at boot time and check for any errors. It's unlikely, but still a possibility.

Let us know how it goes.

Almost forgot, how large are the assemblies etc... that you are drawing? Are you running out of memory? 12 gig should be enough, but maybe not in this case?

Are you seeing this with any other drawings?

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report