Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013- The data format has changed...dialog

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
karthur1
969 Views, 9 Replies

2013- The data format has changed...dialog

This dialog has been around for as long as I can remember. 

Could we get this added to the prompts, please so that I can suppress it FOREVER?  It is a real PITA having to click the OK everytime I want to migrate a part/idw/iam.

I know if I migrate with the TS, I would not have to do that.

Thanks

2012-06-14_2002.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Inv_kaos
in reply to: karthur1

You can always use the Save All option too, then you only have to accept this prompt once to migrate all open files..

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000
Message 3 of 10
mrattray
in reply to: Inv_kaos

You know that if they put that in there it would only "stick" for the current session. Then everyone's going to have to deal with more of my borderline belligerent "quit breaking stuff" posts.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 10
bobvdd
in reply to: mrattray

I entered this as a wish in our database

1465121 Allow user to turn off the "Data Format has changed" dialog

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 5 of 10
lian_xie
in reply to: bobvdd

Has anything been done for this?

1465121 Allow user to turn off the "Data Format has changed" dialog

Thanks,

Message 6 of 10
bobvdd
in reply to: lian_xie

Defect 1465121 is still open in our defect database. I have not seen a lot of activity around it.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 7 of 10
lian_xie

Thanks for the update, Bob.

I'll create a workaround for this issue.

Lian

Message 8 of 10
sgwilliams
in reply to: karthur1

I would love for this to be fixed. This is one of the things I hate about Inventor. I love the software mostly but this dialog is a total waste of time for me. and it gets really annoying when you know that the files in the vault have already been migrated. I can see it being useful for those who do not know it will limit them to what version of the software will open the file. But for a subscription user all our engineering staff know our files have been migrated and we all use the same version so this dialog does nothing but slow our engineers down and make them less productive. Ok so it might be of little importance to the people who have bigger fish to fry, I'm one that would really like to see an option to shut of the dialog.

Work Station : Custom built, Liquid Cooled, Asus Pro WS X570-ACE Motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor; ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition Video Card; 32 GB CORSAIR Dominator Platinum DDR4-2132 Memory ; Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Drive.
Message 9 of 10
bobvdd
in reply to: sgwilliams

I don't understand how you would see this dialog if all the parts have been migrated PRIOR to opening them in Inventor?

Here is another tip.
You could use following iLogic code and place it in an external rule in your template files of an older Inventor version and trigger the rule automatically "After Document Open".

When opening an old version file that you have prepared (as I just explained above) in a new version of Inventor, the file will be automatically migrated and saved with the new version without showing any dialog.

You can also run the rule at any time in the new Inventor version to migrate and save a file without getting a dialog.

Sub Main()
    If ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.NeedsMigrating = True
	 Call execute_command("AppFileMigrateCmd")
         ThisDoc.Save
    End If 
   End Sub

Private Sub execute_command(cmd As String)
    Dim oCtrlDef As ControlDefinition
    oCtrlDef = ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item(cmd)
    oCtrlDef.Execute
    End Sub

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 10 of 10
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi everyone,

I just saw where there was an update on a related thread and wanted to tie these two topics together for future users who find this thread in a search:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Previous-Version-was-Migrated-Prompt/m-p/5142972#M514...

In short, the issue seems to be that the Vault migration process migrates the vault database files, but it does not migrate the actual Inventor files as we might assume.

Some related links:

Data management and Migration:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-ACBC3CC9-D3C2-4CDA-8A98-C734435DE1E9

Migrate Inventor files in the Vault:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-F223DE14-5278-4D8F-A7DF-68EAFE839B2E

More than you ever wanted to know about Autodesk Inventor Data Migration:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-FB9B4422-2348-46FA-964B-7845D9D96018

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report