Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013- Task Scheduler wont support Vault project

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
karthur1
1262 Views, 6 Replies

2013- Task Scheduler wont support Vault project

I have installed Inventor 2013 on a machine just so that I can use this machine to migrate my files using the Autodesk Task Scheduler.  I started the TS, then Create Task>Migrate Files task.  I selected my "Vault" project and get a message that says "Vault Projects not supported".

Vault_not_supported.png

I noticed that in the Migrate Files dialog, there is not a box at the top that says "Migrate from Vault".

This is installed on "Windows Server Standard x64"  OS. 

I tried a repair install and Reinstall on the Inventor 2013 installation. Problem still persists.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ampster402
in reply to: karthur1

has the Project File you are attempting to use already been saved up/migrated to 2013?

Just a guess here as I haven't used the ts recently.

Message 3 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: ampster402

It has been migrated.  I also looked at the version of the "TaskScheduler.exe".  On this computer is shows Version 1.0.0.1.

2012-08-01_0930.png

Message 4 of 7
cwhetten

This happened to me on 2012.  My task scheduler will not perform any vault tasks.  I read somewhere (I wish I could remember where) that my only option was to re-install inventor.  I don't have time or desire to do this, and I really shouldn't have to.

Sorry I don't have any solution or explanation for you, but I thought I would post to let it be known that your problem isn't unique.

Message 5 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: cwhetten

I thought I had came across this before as well. I searched here and on my support cases (I HATE the new support interface, btw... well not new, we have had it a yr or so, I just like the old format better) and could not find anything on it.

I dont have the time to do an uninstall/reinstall either, but If I want to use this to migrate my stuff, guess I will have to change some priorities.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
karthur1

Uninstalled/reinstalled Inventor 2013, Vault Basic and ADR.

Problem solved.

Message 7 of 7
mdellunto

The problem for me was I installed Vault first then Invenitor. This way the vault addins do not get installed in Inventor or task scheduler.

By going to control panel and uninstall programs. Then going to your version of vault and adding the addins that way fix this for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report