Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Slow to exit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
karthur1
464 Views, 6 Replies

2013 Slow to exit

I have noticed that Inventor 2013 is very slow to close out of a file.  I just opened an iam that had less than 50 parts. Rotated it to see the other side, then closed it.  Took 1min-21 seconds for the swirley circle to go away and I could open my next file.

Is this expected behaviour?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

Just tried it on a different iam.  This time it took 2min-43secs to get to where I could open another document.  I noticed that when I exited the file, the total occurance went to zero rather quickly, but the Open document number just sat there.

2012-04-24_2125.png

Message 3 of 7
borre.hartviksen

Hi

Are your files and project files local, or on a share ? Try to go into options in the project file and set " search for unique filenames" to No. 

Message 4 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: borre.hartviksen

You mean here in the ipj?

I am using a vault project.  All files are local as well as the filestore.  I have my vault set to use unique filenames.

Message 5 of 7
borre.hartviksen

Hi

Did you try to set the unique file name search to no ?

bB

Message 6 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: borre.hartviksen

Do you mean here in the ipj?  I'm currently using a local vault (local adms).  I have the "Unique Filename" in vault options selected.

2012-06-15_1537.png

Message 7 of 7

Yes, exactly. This was a problem at a customer of mine and was related to local windows settings and read / write rights on local computer. We detected that when we turned off the search for unique filenames in the project file the "slowness" disappeared and we could find the real problem which was windows settings.

If this dont help..

Do a defragmentation on your machine

Are you reindexing and purging the vault ? Even if you run local adms and need to service the databases.

Are your files in content center and libraries migrated ? 2013 is a bit slow with old files it seems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report