Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Graphics Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
glackcadman
337 Views, 1 Reply

2013 Graphics Issues

hi all, i have been using Inventor for about 8 years now between a couple of companies, and a problem which no Autodesk dealer has ever been able to rectify has been dropouts when orientating the models. this only seems to happen when there are multiple copies of the same component or sub-assembly.

the companies i worked for had various PC installations expanding to very hight spec'd machines, but still the problem persists.

i now work for a new company and assisted them in specifying a CAD machine, we went through the Autodesk dealer and they recommended a CAD Workstation supplier who supplied a very good PC.

main components....

i7-3930K cpu

32gig pc-3 1600MHz ram

Nvidia Quadro 4000

windows 7-64bit

in nearly all aspects of modelling in Inventor this machine flies, but my model now has multiple copies of the same item (part and sub-assembly) and i am now experiencing the same issues i was having in other Companies. i have attached a couple of screen shots illustrating the problem

i have been given a (get-by) solution from my dealer 'in application settings under Display, change the min frame rate to 1' but this just makes the model jerky and un-viewable.

is there anyone who can help or has come across this before.

best regards

hughcw

aberdeenshire

scotland

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MattH_Work
in reply to: glackcadman

set the minimum framerate to 0 and you should get no dropouts, you will however get a slower spinning model (it all boils down to how good your graphics card is)

Set it at 10 to get the best framerate but at the cost of component dropout

This isn't an error or a bug, its exactly as inventor is designed

MattH
Product Design Collection 2025
Vault Pro 2025

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report