Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Graphics Issues

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Brendabr12345
2458 Views, 17 Replies

2013 Graphics Issues

I have one PC in our office with some graphics issues.  In a new IDW when the user adds a dimension, then zooms out, all the views disappear except for the active view.  The file were using is one part and two views on the IDW so it's not a large assembly or anything complicated.  I've installed the latest driver from NVIDIA and changed the Inventor hardware settings from Performance to Compatability and back and forth which helps temporarily but then it goes back to the same issue after a while. I've maximize RAM utilzation and the problem isn't being seen in any other applications and we have the latest service pack 1.1 installed. Any suggestions?? Am I missing something?

The configuration is:

Dell Precision 3500

Win 7, 64

12g RAM

Quad core

Nvidia Quadro 2000

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
japike
in reply to: Brendabr12345

Is it just the one drawing that has this issue?

Have you tried the drawing on another PC?

Can you post the part and drawing?

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 3 of 18
pball
in reply to: japike

Myself and coworker have actually had an issue like this. Sometimes when dimensioning all the views would disappear and if we would zoom in or out the views would reappear. This has happened on more than a few drawings, though I couldn't locate any off the top of head or upload them due to confidentiality.

Message 4 of 18
Brendabr12345
in reply to: japike

This is happening on multiple files on the same PC, files function fine on other PC's.

Message 5 of 18
mcgyvr

update the graphics card driver.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 18
Brendabr12345
in reply to: mcgyvr

I've actually upgraded the video card driver straight from the NVIDIA site with temporary improvement.  I'm wondering if there is a setting under the NVIDIA control that I need to modify specifically for Inventor.  The issue appears to occur on one of the dual monitors that has the digital connection.  Perhaps these issues are related, but when I move Inventor to this monitor, then close and re-open Inventor it automatically opens on the base monitor.  Could this be an indication of something related?

Message 7 of 18
blair

See if Windows "Aero" is enabled on this machine. A post a short while back with a graphics problem fixed it by enabling "Aero".

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 18
ryangerstner4819
in reply to: blair

Hi,

Me and my employees are having the same issue as Brendabr12345. We just upgraded to Inventor 2013, installed SP1.1, & updated our graphics card drivers. I verified we are running a theme with "Aero". And when I uncheck "Enable transparency", the disappearing act occurs with half the frequency. I attached the drawing. Here is our setup:

Dell T3500

Windows 7 Pro

NVidia Quadro 2000

6 GB RAM

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Ryan

Message 9 of 18
blair

The IDW without the related files is useless. A screen capture would probably suffice to show the problem.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 18

I found a strange fix. I changed my hardware settings in Application Options > Hardware, from performance to quality. I closed the idw, and reopened it. I was having the same issue, so I switched the hardware setting back to performance, closed the idw, then reopened the file. I worked in idw environments for 30 minutes with no issues, then deployed to my employees. Last I asked on Friday, everything was running fine.

Message 11 of 18

I've been fighting a similar problem for months now. When working in IDW's, complete views, titleblock & partslist disappears. It is still there and can be selected, just can't see it. We have tried various drivers and suggetions from Autodesk to no avail. We have even replaced our Nvida card with an ATI FirePro V5800. Still have the same problem. Mostly on my workstation, but has been duplicated on another with the same hardware. The one common theme to this disappearing act is the use of breaks in a view. Without the breaks I have yet to witness this issue.

Message 12 of 18

See my post from 12/17. Try changing the Application Options > Hardware, from performance to quality, just to see if you can rectify this with a change. We don't usually work with large assemblies, so as long as it shows up on the screen and my workstation doesn't lag, I'm ok. I just happen to trigger it back to performance to see if I would have the same problem and I did not. Good luck!

Message 13 of 18
pball
in reply to: tfuhrmann

I can also say I've noticed this problem happens when breaks are used on a view in the drawing.

Message 14 of 18

Changing these settings helps in the short term only for me. Not sure if it matters though, but Autodesk had me close the Inventor session and reopen it for these changes to take effect. I was able to get idw graphics working correctly by selecting the "Software Graphics" box. But then the graphics are lagging and quite bothersome, especially when going back to the assembly. Seems to be a hit or miss issue. Sometimes large drawings, and other times small. Just when I think something has corrected the issue, it rears it's ugly head again.

Message 15 of 18
pball
in reply to: tfuhrmann

I just installed update 2 for sp1.1 and the problem with views disappearing when dimensioning hasn't happened when I tested it. I'm not guaranteeing it's fixed, but I was able to consistently reproduce this problem before the update and it seems good now.

Message 16 of 18
rjay75

Has anyone found a permanent fix for this issue yet. We are having the same issue. Seems to be happening on more machines with increasing frequency. We've updated to latest drivers, reverted to older 'qualified' drivers, and even upgraded hardware, in addition to trying different combinations of settings.

I this an issue with 2013 itself? The problem is it appears randomly on different identical machines without an apparent cause.

Message 17 of 18
ryangerstner4819
in reply to: rjay75

rjay75,

Try this from my 12/17/2012 post:

"I found a strange fix. I changed my hardware settings in Application Options > Hardware, from performance to quality. I closed the idw, and reopened it. I was having the same issue, so I switched the hardware setting back to performance, closed the idw, then reopened the file. I worked in idw environments for 30 minutes with no issues, then deployed to my employees. Last I asked on Friday, everything was running fine."

I had this issue surface with an employee 2 weeks ago. Our IT had to make some adjustments to the employees profile. We stepped through the sequence of operations above, and she was back up and running fine. You are looking for a root cause as I was. I found a fix quick and have not had an issue since, so I have brushed it off as an Inventor 2013 issue. However, if this issue still exists in 2014, I plan to contact the Autodesk Helpdesk for assistance. Obviously, we are not the only ones with this issue.

Message 18 of 18
tfuhrmann

We tried various "approved" video cards as well as various drivers without fixing the issue. Not impressed with the technical support at all. First they were positive it was our video card and that this wasn't a widespread issue. Then my latest reply from them was "I will seek help from a more specialized team and I will contact you when I have additional suggestions.". Month or so later I recieved another reply that my case was being closed and they considered the issue resolved. If I sound bitter, thats because in addition to this support reqest I also had one open for the Vault which got about as much help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report