Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Frame Generator Update is exactly one update behind on adaptive skeletons

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Citysmasher
307 Views, 0 Replies

2013 Frame Generator Update is exactly one update behind on adaptive skeletons

So if you create a solid to use as a skeleton for frame generator in 2013...  Then connect another skeleton to that solid.  Then use frame generator to add frame members, the frame members attached to the second skeleton will be exactly ONE update behind the correct update.  I have re created this several times.  The only thing that fixes the frame is to use the rebuild all command.

This is a bug in 2013 and needs to be fixed.  It was not in the previous versions.  It is huge pain and completely unnecesary to need to hit a special "rebuild all" button to get the model to update.

I will explain.

Lets say I create cube that is 100 in on each side.  Then connect another cube to that one that is adaptive to that cube.  Then I add frame members to all edges.  Then I change cube one to 105 in.  All the frame members on cube one will update to the edges.  The frame members on cube two will stay put.

THEN

Change cube one to 120 in.  Hit update.  All frame members on cube one will update to 120 in.  Frame members on cube two will update to 105 in!!!  If you continue to change dimensions on cube one you will see the frame members will update to the PREVIOUS value every single time.

I have re created this bug over and over...  There is no fix that I can find.

Brad

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report