Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Crash when changing the ribbon

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Clarkeng09
1982 Views, 15 Replies

2013 Crash when changing the ribbon

Hello,

We just upgraded to 2013 software and anytime i change the ribbon to anything besides the default Inventor crashes. Does anyone know what may cause this.  Also anyone know when the update to sp1 will be out?

Thanks,

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
nVidia Quadro K5000M - 4GB
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Vault Collaboration 2013 Update1
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Clarkeng09

Message 3 of 16
Clarkeng09
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi John,

Thanks for the response, it looks like my dirvers are up to date, but I did not check if my card is supported by this release.  I even changed my hardware settings to Compatable, however i can open models and drawings just fine.

We also did a clean install and the log file said everything was successful but I may try to reinstall and see if that helps.

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

Why not try a repair install first?

Message 5 of 16
Clarkeng09
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah that would be my first choice over a complete reinstall.  If the update to the service pack is going to be released sometime next week I may wait for that and see if that helps.  I can work with it now, I'm just not use to how it looks but if I accidently hit the button while working I would loose everything I'm working on.

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Message 6 of 16
blair

You followed all the requirements for installation:

Admin user

UAC slider to lowest setting

Disabled A/V

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 16
Clarkeng09
in reply to: blair

Yes I followed all the instructions for install, and with a bit of research with vault not working correctly either where it would show my folder structure but not any parts or anything I found my .NET framework was the wrong version.

For some reason I had .NET 4.5 beta installed and I guess inventor and vault don't like that so I had to uninstall vault and the framework and then reinstall vault which brought in the .NET 4.0.  This solved my vault issue as well as the inventor ribbon crashing issue.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Message 8 of 16
rangt

Yes.  This was likely caused by the presence of .NET4.5 on your system.  We're currently working on an update for 2013 which will address problems related to 4.5.

Tom Rang
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 16
mcolinp

I have been patiently waiting for a fix for this issue. I have installed all the latest service packs and hotfixes, and yet Inventor still crashes if I try to go to "Clean-Screen"/ "Tabs" / or "Titles". I prefer working in Title mode; because it is much better for screen real estate.

Just to clarify; I have installed Product Design Suite Ultimate on Windows 8; but beforehand I enabled the previous versions of .NET to be available. I had zero Install flags or errors; but this issue still persists. Am I the only one still suffering through this?

Message 10 of 16
blair

You may in for a bit of a wait, if you are running Win8, you will need to wait a while until (maybe never) until a SP is available for IV2013 for Win8.

Trying to run on a O/S that is released after software is released is a good candidate for problems.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 16
mcolinp

I can understand your point; but I had a while back tried installing on Windows 7 with the same issue; and Windows 8 actually seems to have huge under the hood improvements which seem to make performance in most areas better than Windows 7. (Despite some obvious buffs in the area of user experience; 8 Seems to be a huge improvement over 7 strictly from a performance standpoint.)

I am open to further testing or reporting of any data needed to resolve this.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 16
blair

I don't have my laptop handy, but check the Nvidia control panel and see if there is an option to select the Nvidia card for your machine. I have a AlienWare machine and I can change between the Intel onboard and the Nvidia card.

I get completely different Windows performance results switching between the two graphics cards on my machine.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 16
mcolinp

My machine is a Server style board; no built-in graphics. See specs:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4

2.83 Core-2 Quad (Q9500)

16 GB Gskill 800 mhz DDR2 Memory

SATA-1 SSD System Drive

1 GB Graphics (Nvidia 9800GT)

(I do realize my Graphics card is not a Quadro; which is preffered, but for 98.5% of it's use it woks with Autodesk software including Alias.)

Message 14 of 16
kmiller
in reply to: rangt

Has there been a fix posted for this?  I haven't found one just yet?  We have one user out of the group that seems to be having this issue.  I believe it occured when we installed Revit 2014 on his system, which inturn installed .net 4.5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response answers your question please click "Accept as Solution".
Message 15 of 16
rangt
in reply to: kmiller

For Inventor 2013, Service Pack 2 Update 3 was supposed to have solved most of our .NET4.5 compatibility problems.  The latest update is posted here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-4-fo...

You'll need to install SP2 first.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

Let me know if that is not working for you.

Tom Rang
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 16
kmiller
in reply to: rangt

Yes it worked for us. Thank you.

KATIE MILLER | CAD Systems Developer

Coldspring | Building Materials
17482 Granite West Road | Cold Spring, MN 56320-4578
P: 1.800.328.5040 | 😧 320.685.4730 | F: 320.685.5052
www.coldspringusa.com | kmiller@coldspringusa.com
Follow us on Twitter | Facebook
This communication is intended only for the recipient(s) named above, may
be confidential and/or legally privileged, and must be treated as such in
accordance with state and federal laws. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this communication, or
any of its contents, is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please return it to the sender and delete the
message from your computer system.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response answers your question please click "Accept as Solution".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report