Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Content Center not showing up

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mwangeline
1501 Views, 8 Replies

2013 Content Center not showing up

So I upgraded to 2013 the other day and restored my 2012 Vault basic backup and now I can't see the Content Center files.  I believe the reason that I can't see them on 2013 is that it only allows you to see 2013 cc files.  I tried to install from the USB drive and receive and error message. (MigrateKnowlegdeVaultMaster:Error code -1). What does this mean.  It now won't allow me to install the cc files from the USB.  When my project file is set to vault I can't place any files.  It works fine if I switch over to desktop content, but that is not what I want to do. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: mwangeline
Message 3 of 9
mwangeline
in reply to: Cadmanto

I don't think that I explained myself well enough.  I don't have any custom libraries, I just use the standard libraries and set a path in the project to place the children in a folder on the same server as vault.  So when I did a restore from 2012 to 2013 did it replace the 2013 cc files?  I would like to just use the standard files.  Do I need to migrate the children so that I don't have issues when opening up old assemblies?  I thought that the project file would take care of that and that I could just migrate the files when I opened the assemblies.  I don't have an outrageous amount of different children that are used in the assemblies.

Message 4 of 9
Cadmanto

Our IT department always does this, but from what our VAR tols us when we met with them about

a month ago they did say it has to be migrated or upgraded into the new version. 

The master project file is only a road map to tell the program where the files are.

Take a look at the second link I gave you.  It explains how to do it. 

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 9
mwangeline

That seems like a stupid way to do it!  How do you setup your working files?  Thanks for the help!

Message 6 of 9
Cadmanto

Not saying it makes sense, but rather the way things are right now.

We work out of a vault working folder on our "C:\" drive and that links to the base folder structure within the vault.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 9
blair

I'm not up on Vault, but I believe you need Vault 2013 for IV2013. Possibly posting this on the Vault user forum may produce a better answer or work-around.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 9
mwangeline
in reply to: blair

Blair,

I do have Vault 2013 and Inventor 2013 installed.  The problem comes when trying to place a CC part and the standard libraries are not visible.  I believe this is because I have restored the 2012 libraries and needed to replace them with the 2013 libraries.  I guess I was just trying to figure out an easier way to upgrade with CC.  If you have a better way of doing an upgrade I would definitely like to hear how you do it and maybe pick up something that we could use here. Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
blair

You should be able to migrate your existing libraries. Copy them into the directory and then use the migrate tool and they will become available.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report