Anyone else run into this?
Multi-body parts, using Make Components.
1) When you click the Browse folder icon to pick an Assembly to insert into, the 'Component Properties' dialog pops up, asking if you want to create a new assembly.
2) Whether you answer yes or no, no Browse Dialog pops up.
3) The path is left at the default of your workspace path. You can manually type in the path and Assembly name if you know it, but no ability to browse to it. It wants to create the new assembly in the default workspace folder.
Just checking sanity... someone else please say you've run into it. Thanks
Win7 / 64 Ult
IV 2012 Pro
PS - Also happens when you choose Make Part instead of Make components.
Thanks, Andrew. Was starting to think I was the only one
Are you accessing your template files on a computer other than the one you are working on? Ex. Server?
It seems like everyone at my work is having this issue, and I'm trying to track down what might be causing it.
No, all local file access.
Interestingly enough.... I did it yesterday, and it seemed to work OK. Didn't really have time to investigate further, but when I do, I'll post what I find.
Same issue here - no dialog. Doesn't always work after a restart, though. We use multibodied parts to make components often, so this is going to get frustrating pretty quickly if something isn't done about it.
As a workaround, I do this:
1. Open up my destination folder
2. Right click any file in there
3. Click "properties"
4. CTL+C the location
5. Paste it in the "Make components" dialog
Not as friendly as browsing, but it beats manually typing it in.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.